- TIES Overview
- Our Mission
- Our Members and Partners
- Our Leadership
- Project Summaries
- Annual Reports
- Our Story
- What is Ecotourism?
- TIES Lifetime Achievement Award
- Employment Opportunities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- TIES Overview
- Find Members
- Get Involved
- Global Conference and Trade Fair
- Opportunities for Professionals
- Opportunities for Travelers
- Opportunities for Students
- Become a Sponsor
- Connect to us
- TIES News
- Industry News
- Member News and Projects
- Browse by Region
- Newsletter Archive
- eNewsletter Sign Up
- For Members
Reserva Biologica Caoba
The Caoba Biological Reserve was created in 2007 by a German
and Colombian biologist couple with a vision to preserve and
contribute to the ecosystem of the region.
To complement the stunning natural surroundings we have
created a butterfly house, many ponds filled with turtles,
amazonian fish and even babilla. And of course, we are
continually adding to our collection of flora in our labyrinth
of medicinal plants and botanical garden.
The location of Caoba is in the beautiful region of El Paso Del
Mango and on the site of an ancient Tayrona town.
Together with the indigenous Koguis, we have worked
tirelessly to uncover and restore many relics of the past
civilisation, and even to build traditional structures like the
Kogui bridge and Kogui house.
The Reserve offers:
- A wide genetic collection of water plants, flowers, medicinal plants and trees of the region and abroad.
- Reforestation support (with seeds and/ or young trees)
- Knowledge on Medicinal Plants (more than 350 species)
- Historical and Cultural information. We work close with the indigenous Koguis.
- Accommodations environmentally conscious