- TIES Overview
- Our Mission
- Our Members and Partners
- Our Leadership
- Project Summaries
- Annual Reports
- Our Story
- What is Ecotourism?
- TIES Lifetime Achievement Award
- Employment Opportunities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- TIES Overview
- Find Members
- Get Involved
- Global Conference and Trade Fair
- Opportunities for Professionals
- Opportunities for Travelers
- Opportunities for Students
- Become a Sponsor
- Connect to us
- TIES News
- Industry News
- Member News and Projects
- Browse by Region
- Newsletter Archive
- eNewsletter Sign Up
- For Members
Board Member Selection
The TIES Executive Board is designed to utilize the strengths and expertise of supporters of ecotourism who have governance and business experience, as well as the ability and desire to support TIES' financial growth.
To receive more information about the TIES Executive Board selection criteria, please contact: board[at]ecotourism.org.
Advisory Board Selection Process
Board Development Committee: The Board Development Committee, which consists of at least three Advisory Board members including the Board Development Chair, will coordinate the new member recruitment process, with assistance from the Board Chair and staff. Each year, the Board Development Committee will compile a list of desired skills and characteristics of prospective new Advisory Board members in order to identify the existing gaps and to help target the search for candidates.
Advisory Board Members' Responsibilities: Please review TIES Advisory Board Roles and Responsibilities (download PDF)
Advisory Board Members Selection Criteria:
- Diversity: Does the candidate represent industry sectors, geographic areas, ethnic and cultural backgrounds that are in line with the search recommendations by the Board Development Committee, which will help achieve TIES goal of ensuring diversity within the Advisory Board?
- Commitment: Has the candidate been active member or supporter of TIES, and is the candidate likely to continue actively engaging in TIES as an Advisory Board member?
- Expertise: Would the candidate bring to TIES practical skills and desired expertise that will support TIES activities?
Recruitment and Selection Steps:
- Potential candidate is either recruited by a current Advisory Board member, or submits their interest to and/or is interviewed by a current Advisory Board member who will nominate the candidate.
- The current Advisory Board member who is supporting the new candidate will submit to the Board Development Committee a letter of reference in order to help other members get to know the candidate.
- The candidate will then submit an application form including their CV and references. All applications must be received by April 30th of each year; applications received after this date will be held off until the following year.
- The Advisory Board votes on applicants at the Spring meeting (mid-May), based on the Advisory Board Members Selection Criteria and selected members are invited to the Fall meeting of the same year.