- TIES Overview
- Our Mission
- Our Members and Partners
- Our Leadership
- Project Summaries
- Annual Reports
- Our Story
- What is Ecotourism?
- TIES Lifetime Achievement Award
- Employment Opportunities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- TIES Overview
- Find Members
- Get Involved
- Global Conference and Trade Fair
- Opportunities for Professionals
- Opportunities for Travelers
- Opportunities for Students
- Become a Sponsor
- Connect to us
- TIES News
- Industry News
- Member News and Projects
- Browse by Region
- Newsletter Archive
- eNewsletter Sign Up
- For Members
Become an ecoDestinations Sponsor
Connecting Travelers with Inspiring Ecotourism Initiatives
The ecoDestinations program features various destinations and themes to highlight best practice examples of ecotourism, inspiring project stories, responsible travel tips, and volunteer opportunities. These stories and information will be posted on TIES website, blog, and social media channels. We believe all destinations have innovative and inspiring ecotourism stories to share with the world, and we want you to tell your stories through ecoDestinations.
If you represent a destination management organization or local, national or regional association, and would like to nominate your destination as a future ecoDestination, please review information on the sponsorship opportunity below, and contact us at: ecodestinations[at]ecotourism.org for more information.
Share Your Stories with the World!
ecoDestinations provides you with the opportunity to showcase your destination's ecotourism initiatives, and to support the networks of individuals and organizations dedicated to ecotourism in your destination. The featured destination will be in the global spotlight through TIES highly visible website and newsletters.
Featured Destination Sponsorship
Sponsorship Opportunity: Starting at US$4,000
- Dedicate destination page on ecotourism.org, with link(s) to sponsor organization's website.
- An issue of TIES Traveler eNews, TIES bi-weekly consumer newsletter, featuring the destination.
- Complimentary memberships to up to 10 new members from your destination.
- Featured ecoDestinations articles published on TIES website and newsletter, highlighting best ecotourism stories from your destination.
- Joint press release announcing the ecoDestinations partnership and featured destination.
- Banner ads, social media promotion, and other customized marketing opportunities (up to three months).
Featured Destination Selection Criteria
We seek to promote a balanced global representation of destinations. In addition, by featuring selected destinations in ecoDestinations, we hope to provide positive impacts for the environment, economy and local communities. When selecting featured destinations, TIES gives priority to those where there are current local, national or regional ecotourism association members, and those that offer opportunities to further fulfill TIES mission.
The following are some examples of the attributes we look for when selecting a destination to feature:
- Commitment to the principles of ecotourism.
- Capacity to attract national and international visitors.
- Diverse range of activities.
- Opportunity to promote TIES through the local, state and national media.
- Involvement of the local community, industry, and government.